So I made this meal on snapchat and everyone started asking for the recipe, so here it is. This is a simple delicious meal that will make your taste buds craaave. Ladies, if you make this for your man, he will never ever enjoy another person's chicken again. Including KFC's!
Lol alright let's get started. This recipe serves 4 medium portions
Ingredients for Chicken.
1. Chicken thigh
2. Olive oil
4. 1 Egg
5. Ground cinnamon
6. Ground cumin ( this is the most important spice)
7. Chili powder
8. Garlic powder
10. Chicken knorr stock cube (regular Maggie of knorr will do)
11. and your favorite chicken seasoning
1. The very first thing you want to do is debone your chicken.
2. marinate the chicken over night.
Take 3 tbsp of flour, 1tsp of cumin, 1 tsp of chili powder, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon, 1 tbsp of garlic powder, and mix all the spices with the flour together.
3. Place your chicken thighs in a bowl. Crack one egg, beat it and pour it over your chicken. Ensure that they are all coated. Then drizzle olive oil over your chicken, and pour the flour/spice mix onto it. Mix it together and ensure all the chicken is properly seasoned and coated. Don't be scared to get your hands dirty, as you will need to.
Place in fridge over night.
4. The next day. Pour your vegetable oil in a skillet. And fry the chicken in SHALOW OIL (don't deep fry). Fry in medium heat for 6 minutes on each side, or until chicken is golden brown in color. Then remove chicken from the skillet and transfer it to a baking pan. In your skillet, melt knorr/maggi stock cube and your chicken seasoning in the oil that was used to fry your chicken. Pour oil stock over the chicken in the baking pan. Place chicken in the oven and bake for 30 minutes.
Ingredients for rice
1. Basmati rice
3. Green olives
4. Sweet peppers (in the absence of sweet pepper you can use red bell peppers/tatashe)
8. Minced garlic
9. Chili powder
12. Black pepper
1. Boil the basmati rice
2. Dice up onions, garlic, green olives and sweet peppers (or bell peppers). Cut carrots large
3. Pour oil into sauce pan, then add the onions, garlic, carrots and sweet peppers. Stir for a while then add chili powder, cumin, a little cinamon and salt. Stir together. Add your rice and stir fry like regular fried rice. Once rice is added, add salt, curry and black pepper. Stir together for flavors to distribute (don't feel bad if rice becomes a little mashed, it is completely acceptable for this dish!)
Once your rice and chicken are ready, feel free to serve with coleslaw or steamed vegetables, and you've got yourself a delicious international meal that will impress your home!
Let me know how it goes!!